Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to my blog. Its the start of a new year, and economically things aren't looking good! I realised this around this time last year, and decided it was time to supplement my full time income. I'd often heard of folk, both locally (In Northern Ireland) and nationally who made their incomes online, and decided that I would have a go at that. I basically spent hours researching different methods, and spent a few pounds, some extremely worthwhile, some extremely badly in finding different methods of securing a second income online. I was in the fortunate position where I didnt have to make it big in the first week, so I muddled through various ideas, and built them up as I went along. That is where this blog comes in. I want this blog to serve two purposes. Equal puposes, and I mean that honestly. Firstly, I will demonstrate many of the methods, and there are quite a few that I've come across in the past year. I show what worked for me, and what didn't. I show you where I messed up, where I got lucky, and what I could have done better. The second purpose came to light whilst I was researching alternative income streams, and that is to monetize a blog, i.e. gain another source of income solely from this blog. Will it work, who knows, but either way, this time next year ill do a little review and post it here! On another note (thats just come to me), ill be interested to see the systems and methods that my readers use to make that few extra quid!


What i'll also do is to have a look at how to SAVE money, i.e. cut expenditure, without cutting quality of life. This was the first thing I did when embarking on this project, and the money saved I used to invest (wisely or otherwise) in my new online income project. Don't worry if you do not have any money to invest at present, ill show you some ways in which you can generate an income from nothing. They do take a little time, but hey, its free money!
Feel free to post your comments, and keep checking back over the next few days to see my entries. Ill try go through it in a sensible order, starting with some savings, then some free cash generating methods, then some better ones! This time next year, we'll see how we all got on!
Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment